We're pleased to announce that the recent Code For Us Opportunities that were posted on the BC Dev Exchange have been awarded and work has begun. The two opportunities will help to move the VON Project forward in a couple of key ways:
- Implementation of an HL-Indy Enterprise Wallet
- This effort will be important for the first public beta from the VON Project - an instance of the TheOrgBook loaded with (public) BC Registries Verifiable Claims about entities in BC.
- Ian Constanzo was selected to work with us to complete the opportunity over the next few months. This effort will be conducted within the Hyperledger Indy community, and is related to an open issue for that project: https://jira.hyperledger.org/browse/IS-486.
- Initial Reference Implementation of Decentralized Authentication (DID-Auth) and Authorization Mechanisms
- This is opportunity with a longer term focus - building on the work done in the W3C Credentials Community Group, the Decentralied Identity Foundation (DIF) and other standards bodies looking to add support for the use of DIDs for Authentication and Authorization. We hope the results of this opportunity will contribute to the abolition of UserID/passwords on the Internet - as well as being immediately useful to our Project.
- Markus Sabadello (aka Peacekeeper in the DIF, W3C, HL-Indy communities) was selected to work with us over the next few months on this effort. Markus has strong connections in all of the communities that are driving this capability and will leverage that community for direction and support on this effort.
Congratulations to Ian and Markus - we can't wait to see the results!